Pages

Friday, May 15, 2009

Featured Friday LauraTrevey

LauraTrevey
shop . profile . contact



_________________________________________________


This week's featured shop is LauraTrevey, based out of Richmond, VA. Her shop is full of really beautiful paintings available as originals, limited editions, and note cards. If you love her work and want to find out more, you can catch up with her on blogger.


INTERVIEW

Tell us who you are (name, location, affiliations, etsy teams, personal info)
Hello! I am Laura L Trevey from Richmond, Virginia. I love to paint with bold brushstrokes and vibrant color.You will find a variety of styles, and subjects in my work. I love florals, landscapes, and even abstracts. My paintings have been selected for juried exhibitions throughout the state of Virginia.

Other than creating things for etsy, what do you do?
I am a wife, a mother of 3, and preschool teacher.

What first made you want to become an artist?
I have always been an artist at heart! I love the way painting makes me feel. I am always trying to find new ways to express myself on the paper!!

Describe your creative process and the materials you use.
I paint on Arches 140lb Watercolor paper, or Yupo paper. I am always open to trying new papers, paints, and brushes…

What handmade possession to you prize the most?
I was given a handmade candle for Christmas . It is a blue damask patterned candle in the shape of a bird. It’s so adorable, and you can tell it was made with love! It sits on my bedside table, and I smile every time I see it…

Top 5 websites you visit besides etsy?
Twitter, flickr, lauratrevey.blogspot.com, facebook, indiepublic

Any advice you have for new etsy users.
Use your tags, provide inticing titles and descriptions! It makes a difference…

What are your favorite features of etsy, and what new features would you like to see?
I love Google Analytics.

How do you promote your shop/work?
I promote my shop through my blog, www.lauratrevey.blogspot.com ~~ please come by and visit. I post sales you don’t want to miss!

In ten years, where would you like to be?
Well, in ten years ~ my children will be 17, 20, and 21. Wow, that is scary to think about. I guess my family will still be the most important thing in my life, with my Watercolor Painting coming in a very close Second!

No comments: