Pages

Saturday, May 23, 2009

tis the season

One of my friends from high school, and another friend from college are both getting married this weekend. Not to each other. But the fact that there are so many upcoming weddings involving people I know has had me thinking about what my wedding would be like...or more accurately, if I will ever even HAVE a wedding. Boyfriend says he's down for throwing a party and wearing rings, but isn't sure he wants to go all legal with everything. Which is fine with me, but I worry that if something happens to one of us, say a catastrophic accident, that the other would not be able to get information about the person we're sharing our life with. It's technicality stuff like that that makes me want to get married. I've never wanted to be a bride, I've never wanted to be the center of attention, I've never wanted to be walked down the aisle, I've never wanted to spend a TON of money that I don't have on a wedding. But I do want the security of knowing that there is nothing standing in the way of me and the person that I love.




ANYWAY. On to my point: I was reading blogs yesterday and came across the engagement ring of my DREAMS. I could never picture what kind of ring I would want to wear for the rest of my life. Big? Small? Round? Oval? Princess? Solitare? Multi-stone? No idea. But the second I saw this picture, I knew that this is the ring of my dreams. I even took the gutsy move of emailing the picture to boyfriend with the words, "If I were to ever get something like this...this would be pretty much perfect. Just saying."

2 comments:

LittleGemsbyKari said...

really pretty

me melodia said...

omg. I did the same thing to my bf. I tried to be all cute and subtle about it but now I'm just like, "ehem, get me this. thanks."

It's a very lovely organic looking ring btw.