Pages

Friday, June 26, 2009

Featured Friday: GloriasJewelryBox


Tell Us About Yourself:

My name is Delilah Pearl. I am located in Philadelphia, I just moved back here from New York. I named my jewelry business after my Grandmom Gloria who taught me everything that I know about jewelry. I began beading when I was a little girl. I would love to spend time with my grandmother rummaging through her jewelry box. She taught me everything that I know about precious gemstones and metals. It was her love of turquoise that inspired me to create jewelry for her.


What do you do other than etsy?

Other than my jewelry on ETSY, I am preparing to return to work as an ESL teacher. I took a year off to be with my newborn son Salim. I also write children's stories.


What made you first want to be an artist?

I first wanted to become a jewelry artist, as a child going through my Grandmom Gloria's jewelry. She let me have all the broken pieces and I would create new pieces.



Please describe your creative process

I love to work with gemstone, glass and vintage beads with brass, rose gold, vermeil and sterling silver. If it's bold and gold, I love it! I find that I have to most inspiration in the spring and the summer, I love the bright colors of the warm weather.


what is your most prized handmade possession?

My most prized handmade possession is a rug that my mother made for me with my name on it as a child and a jewelry box that my aunt Julie made for me. My aunt Julie M. Baines does amazing mosaic work.



What are your top 5 websites besides etsy?

Besides Etsy I visit:Instyle.com

Ebay.com(Vintage jewelry and beads)

Artbeads.com

Fusionbeads.com

Thebudgetfashionista.com


Any advice you have for new etsy users:

The best advice I have is to join a team and promote your shop. I have met some really great people in the teams that I joined, that helped me improve the appearance of my shop. When I first joined, I didn't promote my work. I just thought that it would sell itself! Have your shop and blog ready as soon as you join!


What is your favorite feature on etsy, and what would you like to see?

My favorite feature on ETSY is Quit you Day Job and Featured Seller. I would love to see a feature that spotlight new sellers on Etsy. It would be great to show new artists and designers that are finding success on Etsy.

How do you promote your shop?

I promote my shop through Facebook and my blog. Word of mouth is by far one of the easiest ways to get the word out. I try to have a jewelry showcase once a month to attract new clients.


Where would you like to be in 10 years?

In ten years, I would love to see Gloria's Jewelry Box sold to a larger clientele. I truly love the jewelry that I create. This all comes from my heart. Hopefully I will be in warmer weather, I can't stand winters in Philadelphia! Most importantly, I would like to be surrounded by my family and family wearing bold chandelier earrings!

My Links:http://www.gloriasjewelrybox.etsy.com/

gloriasjewelrybox [!at] hotmail.com (email)

http://gloriasjewelrybox.blogspot.com/ (Blog)

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Glorias-Jewelry-Box/60964029333 (facebook)

Teams:ETSY AOC / Team EAOCEtsyMom

I raise money from the March of Dimes this is Gloria's Jewelry Box team webpage:http://www.marchforbabies.org/660065

10% of each sale is donated to the March of Dimes to help babies like my son Salim and niece KayLynn that were born premature!

1 comment:

GloriasJewelryBox said...

Thank you for the feature! I love the collage!