Pages

Sunday, June 21, 2009

happy father's day


This is my Dad. I'm the oldest, getting my cheek tickled, while he holds my twin brother and sister. They are babies in this picture, so that means I must have been 3 years old. In honor of Father's Day, my Dad:

-has been a dedicated volunteer firefighter for over 30 years
-would do anything for his family
-likes to "go hunting" but has almost never come back with anything
-taught me how to catch sunfish from the pond by my grandma's house
-knows how to do leather work, wood working, and crocheting (!!)
- taught me how to ice skate on the pond in the center of town, and always amazed me with his ability to skate backwards...something I was never able to master.
-has loved every pet we ever brought through the door...even though sometimes he pretended he didn't...
- collects pennies and rolls them according to year
- loves to take photographs and shoot videos
- is a good son to both of his parents, and a good dad to my brother, sister, and I

4 comments:

Tiffany said...

hahahaha this is such a marvelous photo!

Brunch at Saks said...

Just found your blog and love it :)

Mandy said...

Hello, I'm Mandy.

I think this post is darling - and your dad sounds neat.

Cute blog!

Awesome Sara said...

how adorable are you!!!!!!