Pages

Friday, July 31, 2009

Featured Friday: Bobnstitch


Tell us who you are:

I am Jacqueline Myers-Cho author of STRANDS: Creating Unexpected Fabrics and Fashionable Projects, artist and teacher. I have two shops; http://www.bobnstich.etsy.com/ and http://www.jmcdesigns.etsy.com/ I am a memeber of CCCOE team ( california)


Other than creating things for etsy, what do you do?

I am in the process of writing my second book. This one will also be about fabrics and wearables. (I am so excited) I also teach Fine art classes to children from age 4-teens. http://www.fineartclasses.com/ If you ever wanted to learn to draw and paint this is really the best program!!


What first made you want to become an artist?

I was born to be an artist. I have always explored and made things out of "nothing" I remember making a bracelet out of sliced walnut shells as a child.


Describe your creative process and the materials you use

I am an mixed media artist meaning I will use or try anything to get the effect that I am trying to get. I love to work with fabrics. My favorite thought is What if.


Top 5 websites you visit besides etsy?



Any advice you have for new etsy users

There is a lot of great information out there on how to market and run your shop. But something more than that is to believe in your product and yourself.


What are your favorite features of etsy, and what new features would you like to see?

I like the Storque articles, I love reading about successes. I would like to see something that helped the buyers leave feedback.


In ten years, where would you like to be?

I would like my 7 or so books to be best sellers. I really love creating books!!! I would like the time to travel and teach workshops

No comments: