Pages

Saturday, July 4, 2009

This weekend there will be no celebrating


Sorry to be a downer on everyone's fun holiday weekend, but there are 2 things that make it hard for me to celebrate this year. One being that I am working all weekend. But more importantly, the second being that my little brother is going through a really hard time right now. I took this picture on July 15, 2006, at his wedding. Let's just say that three years later, things aren't quite so happy.

When this picture was taken, I had just been broken up with. I was 1.5 months out of an 8.5 year relationship. Going to this wedding was almost impossible. Facing my whole family, many didn't know about the break up, asking me where he was. Having to tell them, trying desperately not to break down. I brought my camera with me and shot the wedding, just to give me something to do to keep my mind off of things.

Three years later, my brother is going through what I was on that day. And I feel so bad for him. I want him to know that even though his whole world may seem to be crashing down now, he will be happy again. I am proof. It took me a hard year, making some mistakes along the way. But almost literally a year to the day of that old relationship ending, I met my current boyfriend of 2 years. And I am so much happier now than I ever was.

Everyone needs to believe that everything happens for a reason.

Because it does, brother.
You will get through this and be happier on the other side.
I just know it.

Do you have any similar stories that can show my brother that he will be ok?

1 comment:

Megameghan said...

"But almost literally a year to the day of that old relationship ending, I met my current boyfriend of 2 years. And I am so much happier now than I ever was."

I think you said enough to help him in those two sentences. When one door closes another one opens. I don't know how many times I've been so happy in life and looked back on things and thought, wow, if that had worked out, would I be here now? Would I know this person? Would this have happened?